The Passage des Princes is a Parisian walkway located in the second district.
Despite the transformations of Paris operated by Baron Haussmann, which took away many passages, a decree of September 3, 1860 authorized the opening of this passage. He was the last walkway built in Paris at the time of Haussmann.
The banker Jules Mires bought the “Grand Hotel des Princes and Europe,” palace located 97 rue de Richelieu, and a plot to build a passage constituting a shortcut for pedestrians. It was a fairly simple decor gallery surmounted by a canopy double slope punctuated each span by double metal arches forming arabesques. The passage was opened in 1860 under the name Mires passage. Property in 1866 of the Insurance Company on life, has since become the AGF, the passage was destroyed in 1985 to a real estate transaction but was rebuilt identically by architects A. and A. Mrowiec…
View original post 99 more words